Beans, chopped: 250 gm
Potato :2 medium
coriander leaves: 7-8 strands
cumin seeds : 1 tbspn
curry leaves :few
hing powder : 1/ 4 tspn
turmeric powder:1/4 tspn
green chilli : 1
coconut : 3 tbspn (shredded/dessicated)
salt to taste
- Peel and chop the potato in thin slices and also the beans
- In a blender add coconut, cumin seeds, green chilli, coriander leaves without adding water. pulse the blender slightly on and off because we want these spices to be crushed slightly and not a paste(slightly chop coriander leaves n green chilly before blending)
- Heat oil in a pan , add mustard seeds and curry leaves, allow them to crackle, add hing powder and turmeric powder and immediately add the blended masalas. Saute till the raw smell disappears.
- add in the chopped vegetables and salt, saute. add little water, close the lid and cook them till vegetables are cooked completely.
- Serves as a best combination with rice and daal curry.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Time to cook: 20 mins