Ingredients for dosa:
rice : 3 cups
urid daal : 1 cup
methi seeds: 2 tbspn
channa daal: 3 tbspn
poha : 1 fistful
salt : 2 tbspn or to taste
- Wash and soak rice, methi seeds, channa daal together in water for 5-6 hours
- Wash and soak urid dal in water separately for 5-6 hour.
- Soak the poha in water just 15 mins before grinding
- After around 6 hour grind the soaked ingredients like rice , urid daal,channa daal, methi and poha to a thick dosa batter. Mix the entire batter and whip briskly preferably by hand.
- Allow to ferment at room temperature for 8-10 hours(Click here for Fermentation tips)
- After about 10 hours add in the required amount of salt and mix
- Heat a non stick dosa pan on medium flame
- pour the dosa batter using a ladle or a round cup, spread in circular motion thin and evenly. Remove the extra batter using a flat ladle if required
- pour about 2 tbspn oil all over the dosa, allow the dosa to turn dry on top and brownish at the bottom
- Sprinkle any chutney powder all over the dosa, place some potato bhaji, also knob of butter if you like.
- When the dosa becomes dry and crisp , roll it slightly from both sides and serve with any coconut chutney
For the recipe of masala filling (potato bhaji) click here