1 cup : whole moong
1/2 cup : jaggery
1/2 cup : grated coconut
3/4 tspn : elaichi pwdr
2 tbspn : ghee
1/4 tspn : salt
- Roast the whole green moong in a flat bottomed pan without oil. Keep stirring. Roast till colour change occurs n nice aroma starts to spread. turn off the gas and allow to cool
- wash it in water, keep aside
- pressure cook the moong, for 3-4 whistles
- Take coconut and jaggery in a mixer and grind coarsely
- Open the pressure cooker lid, add the coconut mixture into it, 1/4 tspn salt and boil nicely for 6-8 mins.
- Roast the cashew nuts till golden brown in 1 tspn ghee and add into the kheer
- also add 1 tbspn of ghee on top
- Lastly add cardamom powder and turn the gas off.
Preparation time 45 mins