sardines small : 15-18
salt : 1 tbspn
tamarind : 1 marble size
garlic-garlic paste : 1/2 tbspn
Hing powder : a pinch
coriander powder : 1 tspn
red chilli powder : 1n1/2-2 tspn
turmeric powder : 3/4 tspn
oil for shallow fry
1/2 cup rava/ sooji or rice flour to coat n fry
- Wash the sardines properly with salt and under running water , at least thrice
- For marination: In a small bowl and add salt, tamarind paste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, hing powder, coriander powder , ginger and garlic paste. mix all with few spoons of water.
- Apply gently to the fish and marinate for about 15 mins
- For frying: Take some rice flour or sooji in a plate.(I used rice flour) add pinch of salt and red chili powder if required
- Coat the marinated fish evenly with the flour and shallow fry both sides on a non stick pan by occasionally adding oil.