fresh palak ( spinach) 1 bunch
Toor daal 1 small cup
Jaggery 1/2 tbsp
tamaring paste 1/4 tbsp
grated coconut(optional) 2 tbspn of
mustard seeds 1tspn
jeera 1/2 tbspn
dried red chilli 2 long
curry leaves 10
hing (Asafoetida) pinch
turmeric powder 1/2 tspn
- Boil 1 cup of daal along with 3 cups of water in pressure cooker, take 3-4 whistle. Add even the tomato and turmeric powder along with it in cooker.
- Wash the palak nicely under running water and keep it for boiling with little water. It takes about 15 min to cook fully.
- Now take a kadai, add 1 tbspn of ghee or oil. Once hot, add mustard seeds. Wait till it crackles. Then add jeera , red chilli, hing, curry leaves and pour the boiled palak n cooked daal together into it.
- Add jaggery, tamarind paste and 1tbspn salt. Add 2 tspn of sambhar powder n boil nicely for 10 min on medium flame. Palak sambhar is ready.
- Have it with rice and any vegetable.