coconut shredded/dessicated :1 cup
roasted red chilli (medium spicy) : 2-3
pepper corns: 5-6
onion :small piece
2 tbspn coconut oil
1 tbspn mustard seeds
2 large cloves grated garlic
- Take coconut, red chilli, pepper corns and onion in a mixer jar and blend to a fine paste with some warm water
- take out the thick paste in another bowl and dilute it little by adding required quantity of water into it (about 1 small cup). tambuli should be neither too thick nor too thin.
- Now take a small skillet, heat coconut oil, add mustard seeds and allow it to splutter. then add grated garlic, sauté quickly for few seconds and add in the diluted coconut paste . Add salt.
- heat the tambuli only till it comes to smoking point and then turn off the stove. do not boil it.
- this tambuli goes perfectly with rice n fish fry or fish curry.
Time taken : 20 mins