wheat flour: 2 cups
salt :1/2 tspn
oil :1 tbspn
water to kneed
Radish(mooli) : 2 medium size
salt : 1 tspn
roasted red chilli :2
green chilli minced :1
jeera/cumin :1 tbspn
ajwain/carom seeds :1tspn
turmeric powder :1tspn
- Peel the skin of the radish and shred it. Add some salt to it and set it aside for 10 mins.
- After about 10 mins , properly squeeze the excess water from the radish . make it as dry as possible.
- Now take the wheat flour in a bowl. Add salt and oil into it.Also add the squeezed radish juice into it. kneed the dough , add some more water if required. Let the dough be little hard and not very soft. Cover with a lid n keep aside.
- keep a non stick pan on gas, add oil n then transfer the squeezed dried radish into the pan . Saute it on medium to high flame till all the moisture evaporates n also till the edges of radish turns brown
- Take out from pan .Transfer it into a bowl. allow to cool. Add minced green chilly, crushed red chilli, chopped coriander, turmeric powder, cumin and carom seeds into it. Mix with a spoon
- Now take small portion of the dough , roll it into into small chapatis, putt some filling in the centre and cover it with another small chapati. Press seal the edges. Roll the dough further to the size of chapatis.
- Fry it on a non stick pan on medium flame . Add oil or butter while frying
- Serve hot with curds or pickle
Time: 1 hour
makes: 4-5 parathas