Poha : 1big bowl
freshly grated coconut : 4 tbspn
turmeric powder :1/4 tspn
dried red chilli :2-3
salt : 1 tspn
Jaggery/sugar : 2 tbspn
3tbsp oil, 1 tspn mustard seeds, 1 tbsp jeera, 2 tbsp groundnuts, 10-12 curry leaves, generous pinch of hing/asafoetida
- Take freshly grated coconut in a vessel. Add jaggery/sugar salt, keep aside
- Prepare for tempering. Take oil in a skillet, once hot add mustard and ground-nuts. Allow them to crackle. Then add jeera, red chilli and curry leaves. Stir, turn off the gas and add a generous pinch of hing n lastly turmeric powder
- Pour this seasoning into the coconut n jaggery mixture, allow it to cool.
- After cooled crush the red chilli n curry leaves and mix the entire mixture real good.
- Lastly add the poha and mix all.