Potatoes, chopped :2 big
coconut oil : 3-4 tbspn
coconut shredded/dessicated : 2 tbspn
coriander seeds : 2 tbspn
methi/fenugreek seeds : 1/2 tspn
paprika powder : 1 tbspn
turmeric :1/2 tspn
red chilli(mild) : 4-6
vate huli/ tamarind :4 flakes
- Soak vate huli and jumminakai/triphal/teppal in little water
- Chop the potatoes coarsely
- Take all the above ingredients in a blender except the potatoes and coconut oil. Blend into fine paste.
- lastly add the soaked huli and triphal and grind coarsely.
- Take a pan , mix the potatoes and the paste evenly, add half cup of water , close the lid and cook it on medium flame.
- After the mixture comes to one boil, add coconut oil and continue to cook, stir occasionally, it takes some time for the potatoes to cook
- Serve with chapati or rice
- It dish be prepared either dry or liquidy
Cooking time: 15 mins