1 cup semiya
1 tbspn butter/ghee
1 cup sugar
3 cup full fat milk
4-5 saffron strands
1 tspn elaichi powder/cardamom powder
dry fruits(raisins, almonds n cashews) roasted in butter/ghee
- Nicely roast the semiya with 1 tbspn butter/ghee till the colour changes to golden brown and nice fragrance develop. Also roast the dry fruit bits in the same pan with little butter/ghee
- Pour milk and sugar into a flat thick bottomed vessel and boil it properly for 15-20 mins on medium to high flame
- After 1 boil, add the saffron strands, continue to boil
- After 15- 20 mins of boiling, the colour and texture of milk changes slightly
- Then transfer the nicely roasted semiya and roasted dry fruits into the vessel with continuous stirring, boil for further 5 mins.
- Sprinkle some cardamom powder, close the lid for 2 mins .Turn off the heat.
Frying time: 10 mins
cooking time: 20 mins