5 onions , Cut along its length
1 Green Chilli finely chopped
3 tbspn coriander seeds, chushed but Not powdered
1 tbspn Red Chilli powder
1/2 tspn turmeric powder
1 tbspn ajwan
8-10 tspns gram flour/besan
- Take the sliced onions in a bowl and go on adding red chilli powder, ajwan, green chillies, coriander seeds, turmeric powder and salt
- Mix everything properly with your fingers by applying little pressure. check for salt and chilly. Add some more salt or chilly powder if required
- Keep the mixture aside for 10 mins. Meanwhile heat some oil for frying.
- After abt 10 mins, start adding basin/gram flour spoon by spoon into the onion by continuous stirring, till you get a thick mixture. Do not add any water Into the mixture, Onions will itself start oozing its juices.
- Keep on mixing while adding the flour and stop adding when the onions tend to stick each other (it make approx 6-8 tbspn)
- Then take some mixture either with spoon or with your finger n drop slowly into hot oil
- Fry on medium flame till bright golden colour appears on both the sides
Preparation n cooking time: 1 hour