1 cup : broken vermicelli/ shavige
1/2 cup : shredded coconut
6-7 strands :coriander leaves
2 tbspn :sugar
For tempering: 3tbsp ghee/oil, 1 tspn mustard seeds, 1tspn jeera, 1 tbspn channa dal n urad dal, 2 tbsp groundnuts,10 curry leaves,2 green chilly slit, 1 dried red chilly
- Roast the vermicelli nicely with or without ghee/oil till its colour changes from white to golden brown.
- It takes about 5-7 mins to roast on medium flame.
- take ghee in a vessel. prepare for the tempering. Once oil is hot go on adding mustard, jeera, channa-urad daal, groundnuts, red chilly. wait till they crackle. Then add curry leaves n green chilly.
- Now immediately pour 1 cup of warm water.(1: 1 proportion of water to vermicelli). Add salt , shredded coconut n sugar to taste.
- Transfer the fried vermicelli into the vessel, mix properly n close a lid for 3-4 mins. Check whether the vermicelli is cooked properly.Turn off the gas.
- Finally garnish it with chopped coriander leaves
Preparation time: 30-35 mins