basmati rice : 1 cup
mint/pudina leaves :1 big bunch
coriander leaves :1 handful
cloves garlic : 3-4 big cloves
garlic : 1/2 inch piece
green chillies : 3-4
onion :1 big (sliced along the length)
oil : 2 tbspn
Ghee/clarified butter : 2 tbspn
1 bay leaf
2" cinnemon stick
6 pepper corns
- Wash the rice, drain water n keep aside for 15 mins.
- Make the green masala paste by grinding coriander leaves, green chilly, ginger, garlic, 3/4th portion of pudina
- Take some oil in pressure cooker vessel, once the oil is hot add all the garam masalas. Add sliced onions and fry nicely till onions turn golden brown
- Now add the remaining 1/4th bunch of pudina leaves, keep frying till the raw smell of pudina disappears. it takes about 8-10 mins for onions n pudina to fry.
- add the green masala paste and fry again for 2-3 mins.Then add soya chunks and rice . Fry it for some time.
- Add about 1 1/4 cup of water. Stir n ckeck for salt and chilly. Pressure cook till 1 whistle. turn off
- Wait till the pressure is released completely n then open the lid. Add ghee and pluff up the rice grains gently with a fork
- Serve hot with any raita.