1 big potato
1 small cup semolina/rava
2 pods of garlic
3/4 tspn tamarind paste
1 tspn red chilli pwdr
1/2 tspn turmeric pwdr
- Slice the Potatoes into thin slices (abt 1cm thick).
- Take the slices in a bowl, add salt , tamarind paste,grated garlic, keep aside for 15-20 mins.
- take rava in a plate, add chilli pwdr, turmeric powder, salt(just a pinch).
- coat each potato slice with rava and place it on a hot non stick pan.
- Add oil along every slices and also 1/2 cup water along the edges of potatoes(water helps in cooking fast).
- cover it up with a lid, keep on medium flame.
- After 5-7 mins remove the lid and flip the slices. Add oil all over.
- Let it fry for some more mins and take out on a paper tissue
- Hing can also be used instead of garlic