2 cups rava
2 big onions
1/2 " finely chopped ginger
2 green chilli
few coriander leaves
2 tbspn jaggery/sugar
salt to taste
1/2 cup water
2 tbspn grated coconut(optional)
few curry leaves(optional)
- Take chopped onions, tomatoes, ginger, chilly, coriander, leaves, jaggery, salt, coconut and curry leaves in a bowl. Mix all well with your finger. Add rava and mix again. pour 1/2 cup water and keep aside for atleast 15 mins.
- then add some more water and mix
- Take a morsel of this mixture and smear on a non stick pan. Spread it evenly all over the pan( better with your fingers) ,on medium heat.
- Add oil around the uttappam and close it with a lid. Wait for 3-4 mins and turn on the other side.
- slice into 4 pieces and oil along the edges
Preparation and making time :40 mins