sabudana/sago : 2 cups
peanuts, roasted : 5-6 tbspnsalt : to taste
sugar :1 tspn
cooked, mashed potatoes : 1
oil : 4tbsp
jeera : 1 tbsp
ginger, minced : 1 full tbspn
green chilly slit :3
curry leaves : few
- Wash sabudana and soak in water for 10 mins. Then drain water completely. Cover and keep it overnight
- While preparing kichadi in morning, add salt n sugar to sabudana/sago. keep aside
- dry roast some peanuts and crush it. keep aside
- Take oil in a heavy bottom pan.
- Prepare for the seasoning. Once oil is hot enough, add jeera. wait till it start to crackle.Then add curry leaves, minced ginger n green chilly. stir for few secs
- Then add in the cooked mashed potato. (I did not add it in this recipe)
- Stir n pour the soaked sago into the seasoning, mix all properly n close lid ,cook for 10 mins on medium heat with occasional stirring.
- then add in the roasted peanuts. add some more sugar n salt if required. cover n cook for 5 more mins till the grain separate from each other and cooked completely.
- sago pearls turn transparent when cooked completely
- Adding a tspn of ghee gives a good flavour then turn off the gas
Preparation time: 10 mins
- Serve with Sweet curd
cooking time: 25 mins