mixed pulses : 1 1/2 tea cups
oil :2-3 tbspn
onion : 1big, finely chopped
ginger garlic paste : 1 tbspn
tomato : 2 medium, puree or finely chopped
turmeric powder :1/2 tspn
red chilly powder : 1 tbspn or to taste
garam masala pwdr: 1/2 - 1 tbspn or to taste
coriander leaves :1/2 bunch, chopped
- Wash the pulses and soak in sufficient water for about 6 hrs
- pressure cook them for 3-4 whistle, keep aside
- heat oil in pan, add onions and sauté till translucent, then add ginger garlic paste, sauté till the raw smell vanishes.
- Add chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, salt and cook on medium with a lid on for 5 mins. stir occasionally
- nice creamy sauce will be prepared. Add the cooked pulses and 1 cup water into it.
- stir and cook for 5-8 more mins with a lid on medium heat
- Then open the lid n add red chilli powder and garam masala powder according to the taste. Alternatively kitchen king masala can also be added in place of garam masala.
- turn of the gas and finally garnish with some fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve with chapatis and rotis or even with rice