Shankar poli is an easy to make snack recipe on all occasion. It can be made sweet or spicy. There are many versions to make the sweet one. I am posting the simplest version which can be prepared any time with few ingredients.
oil :1 cup
water :1 cup
sugar :1 cup
maida :about 2 1/2 cups or as required
chiroti rava :2 tbspn
salt :to taste
oil for deep frying :1/2 litre
- Take water, sugar, salt and oil together in a vessel. Heat them and keep stirring and till the sugar dissolves.
- cool it and keep adding maida in small portions. Kneed well till a soft dough is formed (just like chapati dough)
- Divide the entire dough into 3-4 balls.Take 1 small ball of dough, roll out flat as thin as possible with a rolling pin
- cut into diamond shape with knife or designer cutter and deep fry in hot oil
- take out on a paper towel
- Store it in air tight containers
- Ready to serve with tea or coffee