Capsicum medium size : 7-8
potatoes, boiled : 2 big
matar/green peas : 1 cup
paneer cubes : 1 cup
corn kernels : 3/4 cup
onions, finely chopped : 2 medium
onions, coarsely chopped : 1 big
tomatoes chopped : 1
chilli powder : to taste
coriander powder : 2 tspn
aamchur/dry mango powder: 3/4 tspn
turmeric powder : 1/2 tspn
salt : to taste
- Heat about 3 tbspn oil in a skillet. When hot add the corn kernels and green peas together.
- add salt, red chilly pwdr , turmeric, aamchur powder and 1 tspn coriander powder.
- Saute for 2-3 mins on high and then add finely chopped onions, paneer cubes and mashed potatoes together. cook till they are done( for about 5), keep aside
- wash the capsicum, remove the center stem of capsicum and gently shell out the seeds from within
- Fill the hollow capsicums with the above made mixture with a spoon. Keep aside
- Now heat some oil (3 tbspn) in another wide bottom pan. Add coarsely chopped onion n saute for a while. Add red chilly pwdr, turmeric, salt and 1tspn coriander pwdr.
- Then add the tomatoes n cook until a gravy texture is formed
- Gently place the stuffed capsicum in the pan
- cover n cook until done (takes abt 12-15 mins to cook on medium heat)
- For golden brown colour around the capsicum, separately fry the stuffed capsicum before adding into the onin-tomato gravy and rest procedure remains the same
Recipe credit: Pooja Minothra