Grated coconut : 1 cup
hing/asafoetida : 1/4 tspn + 1/8 tspn
green chilli : 4 medium spicy
salt to taste
oil :1 tbspn + 1 tbspn
mustard seeds : 1 tspn
curry leaves : few
channa dal : 1/2 tspn
urad dal : 1/2 tspn
red chilly : 1(optional)
- fry green chilly and 1/4th tspn hing in 1tbspn of oil and blend it along with freshly grated coconut and salt.
- give tempering in the small skillet.
- in about 1 tbspn oil add mustard seeds, add channa n urad dal ,then on low heat add curry leaves and 1/8th tspn hing.
- stir and turn off the gas.
- Pour this over the chutney . Serve with dosa and idli.
Note:Recipe Shared by: Sumangala Kasbekar
- Prepare the tempering just before serving